Maybe you’re a chief executive or a manager who wants to know what your IT folks are doing.
While you may not know the latest lingo, you can show IT employees that you have a grasp of what is happening in IT world, which is vital to your company’s security and success.
- Ask them about their readiness for attacks and problems by asking if the network has the latest security patches, which guard against intruders and snafus.
- Are they seeing bots and unsecured devices on your network – both potential red flags?
- How often do they see intruders try to invade the system?
- How long does it take to notice the intruders and respond to them?
- What are they doing to deter phishing attacks and educate gullible employees about cyber security?
These questions will provide you with plenty of valuable, non-technical information that will help you understand the system and strengthen weaknesses.