Some business owners mistakenly believe there are only two options for IT management: internal staff or an external IT managed service. There’s a third option, a hybrid model that most of our clients use. We work with the internal IT group and build service level agreements to carve out who is responsible for various functions.
The most common scenario:
- Network and endpoint monitoring, computer patching and machine management
- First line help desk, which can cover business day, after hours or 24 x 7
- vCIO services
- Core Microsoft 365 Management
- Backup and recovery Management
- Strategic Planning
- Project planning and implementation
- Onsite services
- Computer and server buildouts and swaps
- Network device management (sometimes excluding firewall)
- Printer management
- Specialty system management
Comprehensive IT management is rarely a one-man job. Even a small team would be stretched if it had to manage complex IT networks, system requirements, industry regulations, cloud computing, cybersecurity, VOIP, application updates, software licenses, hardware replacements, and more. Co-Managed services, however, blends the convenience and strategic framework of an internal IT department with the support and comprehensive knowledge of a managed service provider.
Together, your IT staff and co-managed service provider can augment IT roles to create proactive and reactive IT management. By uniting we can create efficiencies and streamline your back-office IT functions. We can reduce redundancies across systems and accelerate system updates, improving network performance and security. We can provide round the clock monitoring and guarantee the right experts are on the job when a tough problem arises. Co-managed services will allow your IT person to accomplish more with fewer staff members at a cost below a regular managed-service contract.